Damage to yachts does occur, and they concern to the hull and to the machinery (H&M). It is a part of life that damage can occur to a yacht, whether it is between two vessels at sea, a static object or internally.
Damage Surveys are normally commisioned by insurance underwriters and/or insurance claims managers.Though a surveyor may be employed by an underwriter, by an owner or by other interested parties to undertake a survey of the damage. It should be remembered that such a surveyor will act on behalf of the interest of his appointed party. We will impartially assess the cause of any damage, the cost of repairs and give a view on the apportionment of liability and prospect of recovery, which can be used in the event of a dispute.
In summary, the yacht damage survey will include the following:
- Background to the incident and the claim
- Verification of the construction, principle dimensions and method of propulsion
- Detailed survey and findings including comments on the damage
- Additional information including any other parties that were present
- Summary, conclusion and recommendations as to a course of action
- Applicable limitations, photo log and supporting documentation, including repair estimates
- We can also supervise the repair and establish fair cost for the job